 ----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew M. Burke
Date: 6/11/2010 9:02 PM
John Passaniti wrote:
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW, Have you seen iPhone Wax?
I've seen it, but it doesn't seem mature enough for production use.
If I'm wrong, and there are actually significant iWhatever
applications out there (no proof of concept enhanced "hello world"
examples), I'll gladly reconsider and give it a closer look.
Actually it's quite mature and quite stable. And there are several apps in the app store built with Wax. Corey has released several apps himself including one which pulls and displays apartment listings from San Francisco Craigslist (IIRC). Ask on the google group for more details.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wax lets me directly call ANY of the Objective C APIs from Lua without wrapping them (incredibly cool, of course). That means I can have the iPhone Wax shell application and all API calls are made by the included scripts. If those scripts can be modified after ship (downloads, other means), then hackers could completely replace an iPhone Wax application's contents with their own.

This is why I have a hard time believing Apple would accept any new iPhone Wax application under the new 3.3.# clauses.

Josh