> Possible change would be to use gcpause to trigger small gc,
> and 100+gcpause to trigger full gc. I.e.
>
>     if (g->totalbytes > g->lastmajormem/100 * (100 + g->gcpause))
>       g->lastmajormem = 0;  /* signal for a major collection */
>
> This would keep the meaning more or less consistent in both modes and
> avoid the pathological case with fullgc when gcpause < 100.
>
> I tried and it seems to work well.

I am afraid I missed the "base code" where you did the above change.
Are you proposing this change on top of the original w3 code? (That
is, with the original definition of stddebt, etc.?)

Maybe instead of the "100+gcpause" we should add another parameter
for this? Something like "gcpauseminor" and "gcpausemajor"?

-- Roberto