Having only being introduced to lua very recently, via Corona from Ansco, I keep thinking about how I can expand my usage past iPhone/iPad development. Why? I like lua, finding it quite easy to work with.

I'm far from a programming expert, just get by in some areas, hence this post :-)

I am looking for some input from lua experts as to feasibility of creating a lua module of our DISAM file-handler. Not being a hard-core C programmer myself I'm always on the lookout for alternatives. Since I'm currently getting more exposure to lua I can't help myself but ponder on how nice it would be to access our data directly from lua.

Perhaps there is someone on the list that is already using DISAM or CISAM and can comment on the feasibility of building a DISAM module for lua. If the feeling is that it is indeed a feasible project I'll get it on our to-do list sooner rather than later.

DISAM info is available at http://www.isam.ca

TIA - Heinz