On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:13 AM, gary ng <garyng2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> According to the RFC anyway, POST should not be automatically redirected without interactive user confirmation.

According to [1], the 302 status code should not redirect a POST
without user confirmation, you should use 303 See Other to do that.

However, my question originally was: what is the situation with REST
that let GET and POST become blurred? IIRC, REST is quite emphatic
about what each HTTP method should do, i.e.: GET can not have side
effects, PUT should create a resource referenced by the URL, POST
should change, and DELETE should remove it.

--rb

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html