> About point 14: the experimental generational collector in Lua 5.2
> is not enabled by default. And it's non-incremental, which means
> it's less applicable to apps with a need for low-latency GC (games).

That will depend on the size of your new generations and the frequency
of major collections. (In an optimistic setting these could keep
latency low...)

In Lua 5.1, we had bad experiences with some interference between
the incremental and generational aspects of the collector; in the
end we removed the generational part. Now we would like to test the
generational collector first and, according to feedback, remove it or
turn it into incremental and maybe make it the default (or only) mode.

I would like to have feedback on this, mostly from "real" programs
that do lots of allocation. (Simply call collectgarbage"gen" to
set generational mode.)

-- Roberto