Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
I had not realized that # was not well defined

# is certainly well defined; it's just not what most people expect it to be
in the case of holes.

Technically, I believe it is not. Whilst it has a definition, and it never returns a value that violates that definition, that it can return different values for two (as far as Lua can tell) identical tables means it's a "multivalued function", which is in the definition of "not well-defined" - at least according to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well-definition. ;)

- Alex