On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:01 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Stuart P. Bentley
<stuart@testtrack4.com> wrote:
> How is the Luarocks package for LuaForWindows supposed to be installed, just
> extracted into Program Files\Lua\5.1? I was under the impression that
> something was supposed to go in %appdata% so rocks could be updated without
> requiring admin permissions.

I think the idea is that if you want LfW to be installed on a per-user
basis you should manually install it to an appropriate place; the LR
zip is then extracted to that directory as before.

For the next iteration of the LfW installer, there should be a
user-install-option which goes in /users/NAME/whatever.

Is this an official request? If so lets put it on the issue tracker for LfW. I would like to discuss the specifics of how this will be implemented, but think it would be best in the issue itself.
--
Regards,
Ryan