17.05.10, 17:28, "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>:

> >   Recently I tried to replace plain text lua files with results of luac -s for demo version and got many "error loading package `xxx' (bad code in ./xxx.lua)"
>
>  It is old code indeed but if you can send me a minimal example of a file
>  that shows the problem and tell me what exact release of Lua 5.0 you're
>  using, I can try to track it down.

I did not dug it deep but it looks like I hit a bug in luac that was fixed in 5.0.3. Anyway updating lua source to 5.0.3 with 64 bit compilation patch backported from 5.1.4 seems to do the job. The version was buried in old (I mean very old) source control system (cvs) so I can not find it now in a reasonable time.
Thanks anyway! It is strange that google didn't found anything about such problem. It looks like first issue with lua that I hit by myself through all the years.

ps. I found old cvs repo sources it looks like this lines may help dianose version:
** $Id: lua.h,v 1.175 2003/03/18 12:31:39 roberto Exp $
** $Id: luac.c,v 1.44 2003/04/07 20:34:20 lhf Exp $

Best regards, Miroslav Rubanets.