For some while now I have been using Lua 5.2.0 (work 2) - suitably
modified for RISC OS - and have met no problems. However, I have
just found a bug with luac, and I am wondering whether anybody else
has encountered it. It might be my modifications that are to
blame. However if somebody else has encountered it, I would be saved
much effort.

I know that

                x = print

is not a very interesting program. But if I compile it to bytecode with
luac -s and then disassemble the bytecode with luac -l I get an
"abort on data transfer error".

I note that LUAC_VERSION is still set to 0x51 in lundump.h in
the 5.2.0 (work 2) distribution, which suggests to me that luac may
be low priority in work versions.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/