On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Stuart P. Bentley
<stuart@testtrack4.com> wrote:
> If your script is run in the same place as the application, I've heard
> Windows replaces ! or !! with the path up to the running executable.

On Unix, typically you write your Lua script like so and make it executable:

-- ltest
#!/usr/local/bin/lua
print('I am '..arg[0])

And you get exactly what you need from arg[0]

~$ ltest
I am /home/sdonovan/bin/ltest

OK, for a multi-line program, you would like to put the code (+
resources) somewhere else. So the launcher script would probably look
like

/usr/local/bin/lua /path/to/my/script.lus

in which case, arg[0] will still give you exactly what you need, after
scraping away the filename part.

So, when does one _have_ to use the debug API?

steve d.