On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 04:07:41PM -0400, Ryan Pusztai wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Andrew Wilson <agrwagrw@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Current Lua for Windows version requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1
> > Redistributable, which you can get and install separately from
> > http://luaforge.net/frs/download.php/3608/vcredist_x86.exe , .exe is
> > approximately 2.6 MB.
>
> If you get it from here:
> http://luaforwindows.googlecode.com/files/vcredist_x86.exe
> just place it next to the LfW install executable and it will use that
> instead of downloading it.
>
> This is covered on the main Lua for Windows page under the 'Install Notes'
> section.

Ah, yes. NOW I see it! The story is like this: I am aware or Lua for
Windows long time ago. I NEVER use Windows (except for playing games),
so in my Windows partition I did not install driver for my dialup
modem. Now I get curious what LfW look/behave like. So I went to LfW
site looking for download, found it, click on it and 'I never got a
chance :)' to read a paragraph just under the link.

Now that I read it it still would not solve my problem. There is
mention about what will be download during installation and that I can
put it in in same directory as LfW install exe beforehand. But it does
not provide a place/link where from to download it. And it creates a
little confusion by calling that needed file redist_x86.exe instead of
vcredist_x86.exe.

Anyway, now I downloaded it and it made the installation of LfW
possible. Thanks!

Martin