On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Valerio Schiavoni
<valerio.schiavoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ted,
> how your library compare in terms of performances to:
> http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lbn
> or
> http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lbc

Don't know, as I didn't measure.  My motivation was to avoid any of
those libraries (license or just complication), not performance.  It
seems fast enough for everything except tostring of large numbers.
But as the comments in the C version indicate, it's not strictly
optimized for performance.

I suspect if you are using a lot of bigints, the lua version plus
luajit may be faster than the overhead of calling into C.