Like a moth to a flame I seem be drawn to ASM these days. I want to program microcontrollers and eLua definitely seems like the way to go, I am really excited about it. Having said this, learning ASM teaches how the machine actually works and eLua won't fit on an 8 bit device if I ever feel like using one.

Has anyone heard of a Lua program that emitted assembly? There is a high level assembly language but it would be fun to be able to do this in Lua instead.

-Patrick