On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 01:05:58 -0400
Henk Boom <henk@henk.ca> wrote:

> On 19 April 2010 01:00, Mark Hamburg <mark@grubmah.com> wrote:
> >
> > I get tempted by these sort of things on occasion, but the I realize that ! is only one fewer characters than (). The downside to () is that I actually tend to put spaces inside, so that's two more characters and they have to be balanced properly. On the other hand, I don't even want to think about balancing !s.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> One controversial alternative: instead of using '!' use '\n'.
>
>     henk

Are you joking? Anyway...
* How can one chain calls, eg having the result of a query be the argument of a command?
    console.write list.sort!!
  (same issue for having a query result nearly anywhere in a compound expression)
* In a rather extreme variant of my project, there cannot be any complex expression, so one would write the above in two steps.

Denis

vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com