On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Alex Queiroz <asandroq@gmail.com> wrote:
>     "All that clever stuff" is only needed because Java is extremely
> verbose. Static typing is not needed for creating large programs.

This is true.  But I have heard the argument that _comprehending_ and
_maintaining_ large programs with dynamically typed languages is going
to require special care.  Lua is a 'programmer amplifier', so a bad
programmer is going to be able to do more damage!

(This is devil's advocate position, of course)

And yes, Eclipse makes it easy to write Java, but one still has to
read all the damn stuff afterwards ;)