Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> writes:

> mystring1 < mystring2 is also perfectly valid thing to do in
> statically typed C, which will also give you a useless answer. In my
> view type checking is not a substitute for tests and code reviews. And
> if you have those, there is little reason left for strict type
> checking.

If you employ automatic coercions with dynamic typing, code reviews get
a lot harder because the number of cases you have to review explodes
exponentially with number of operands.  If you don't employ automatic
coercions, there is no point in having them.

"It seemed like a good idea at that time" scares me silly.

--
David Kastrup