--- On Mon, 4/12/10, Jerome Vuarand <jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenSSL even has support for hardware-accelerated AES on
> some
> platforms with such hardware (for example Via x86 CPUs).

As far as I can remember, xyssl has special code for Via Padlock meaning it was using the hardware for these common function on Via platform.

Too bad the original author for some reasons all of a sudden disappeared. The continuation for that is polarssl.

To the OP: given that xyssl library is self-contained and requires nothing but standard C and is built with gcc, making it to work on Mac shouldn't be a difficult task.