Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Tim Channon:
>
>> I'm trying to get lpeg working.
>
> Could you provide more information about your environment (operating
> system, source of the Lua binaries, etc.)?

I was trying to avoid doing that because of what then comes next.

Compiling under win32 using openwatcom. (all of lua compiled here)

No errors, warnings, is just close to ansi c source plus some scripts.
Lua in general has been totally stable, only problems are lfs which
fails one test for unknown reason but is irrelevant for what I am doing
and lpeg which has never worked. Noticed v0.9 now exists so I am having
another go.

Whatever is going on is some definite normal exit from Lua. Turning on
debug in lpeg match() is no help in this instance. After 16G of output I
gave up.
There again maybe it should have terminated and that is the problem.

Giving it a huge stack made no difference... 512k ought to be enough.

It is going to be something very silly.