Hi Henri,

Missed the swizzling, I like it. Unfortunately..

Yes, we would also like to see our patch integrated into LuaJIT and we are looking forward into it.

LuaJIT 2.x is clever enough that it stores all values including type info and even on 64 bit architectures in just 8 bytes. Again with the number of stack copies Lua does - and the fact that the array component of a table needs to be able to hold every type of value (ie that's 8 bytes per value even for an array of boolean) that's a very nice property to have.

If it can't be made garbage collected, Value size is doubled =( and it'd be a massive change to Jit 2.x. It might not be as slow as you think - a dedicated gc type is a lot faster then userdata, which has a lot of extra gc backend to do with finalizers, environment tables etc. Only other idea that comes to mind is half precision.. but that's pretty limited.

I do like the extension though ;)

- Alex