Jerome Vuarand wrote:
[...]
So my question is, can I expect a significative performance
improvement by using a JSON parsing library written in pure C (that
would use the Lua C API for data structures construction) as opposed
to luajson lpeg parser that does the construction from Lua code ?

Well, I'd suggest you first measure the portion of the total amount
of runtime spent in the parser. Then you make an assessment of the
kind of speedup you can expect for the parser (e.g. you could measure
the Lua parser you use against a selection of parsers written in C).
Then you do the maths... =)

Regards, Frank