>> C programmers should know differences among "%d", "%u", "%.0f" well. Not
>> a lua issue.
>>

> But this is a lua issue. We are not all C programmers.

it isn't C-specific, when you do something not described in manual,
the behavior is unspecified.

According to the manual, %d is defined to deal with 32-bit signed integer.

If it is given a number outside that range, the behavior is undefined,
it doesn't need to be documented.

Note that integer is 32-bit even on x86_64 platforms, so in most
platforms we could safely say integer is 32-bit.