[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: LuaJIT and large tables
- From: Sean Conner <sean@...>
- Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:31:32 -0500
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I found an issue
with LuaJIT (2.0.0 beta 2) and it relates to my insanely large Lua script
. The script generates a really huge array (73,011 items). Lua 5.1.4
handles it fine, but when I attempted to use LuaJIT on it, I got the
luajit: default.lua:352835: function at line 2357 has more than 65536
[C]: in function 'dofile'
showmsg.lua:3: in main chunk
Lua itself limits a function to around 2^17 or 2^18 constants, so I worked
around that limit. Is the 65,536 limit in LuaJIT a bug, or a design
-spc (It's all string data, by the way ... )
It's an 82Mb file, by the way.
 The Lua bug it exposed has since been fixed