Hi Fabio,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Fabio Mascarenhas <mascarenhas@acm.org> wrote:
X-Sendfile is a header that some servers support that tells the server to send the file for you. You have to check if your web server supports X-Sendfile and how to enable it.

OK I don't think I need this, and it is Xavante that I am using to test this functionality. But I release the software using Apache 2.x. I will look into it if I can't get the default to work.

Is there a way to force a download dialog to open instead of rendering the text in the browser?

That is up to the browser and what it decides to do with the file's content-type...

OK thanks for the explanation.
--
Regards,
Ryan