I was wondering if anyone using LPEG for grammars with left recursion
had tried to implement the ideas in Alessandro Warth's PhD thesis
"Experimenting With Programming Languages":

http://www.vpri.org/pdf/tr2008003_experimenting.pdf

Seems like a really interesting extension to PEGs.  I came across it
via http://vpri.org/html/writings.php .  I'm not a PEG expert, but I
haven been using them to model languages and have found it really
quite cumbersome to handle left recursion because it has ugly
consequences for what the parser outputs in terms of captures.

Anyway, food for thought.

wes