How does this interact with string.dump and the corresponding load operation?

Lightroom currently spawns alternate universes by taking a function to run, checking that it has no upvalues, dumping it, transferring that string to the newly created universe, loading it, and executing it.

While I like the general tenor of the proposed change, I can see two potential problems for what Lightroom is doing. The first is that the function will now have an upvalue if it references any globals. The second is that I don't know how that upvalue will get bound when doing the load on the other side.

Mark