The Signal class is done and using an set implementation that is more efficient than the other table.insert / remove method.

The order of call on the post_emit functions call has been reversed as have been suggested, now the pre-emits are called on a queue behaviour and post-emits are called on a stack behavior.

Now I'm thinking on implementing an event notification system using this signal implementation, but it will connect/disconnect/block/etc on names, not on signal instances, and it will be hierarchic.

Something like

notify.connect("mouse", function1)
notify.connect("mouse::left_click", function2)

when an "mouse" event is emitted, only function1 is called, but when a "mouse::left_click" is emitted, function1 and function2 are called.

the notify is the module and instead of using instances to emit the signals, you use the names. Name clashing can be resolved with the hierarchic system, and it will be easier to communicate with different parts of the software.

i know none of this implementations are complicated, to tell the truth they are quite easy to implement :-). But i liked the suggestions i received and i didn't found nothing quite like that already done on lua (without having to extract code from some project and fixing it to work on mine). I'm doing this to use on a project of my own, but i like to share.

Any suggestion are welcome, as soon as it gets done ill try to put it on luarocks.

Project page:
http://github.com/katcipis/luanotify

best regards,
Katcipis