On a related note, is there any chance that Lua 5.2 will allow
require() to take additional parameters that will be passed to the
loaded chunk? That's the only reason I really need to use loadfile(),
to pass my own parameters. require() already passes the module name
(that's what I see everyone using in module()), I don't think it would
be that much of a stretch.

~Jonathan