On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Thijs Koerselman
<thijskoerselman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to install luaexpat using luarocks on a 64bit linux
> box, but I'm getting into trouble:

You say Linux, but the next line suggests that something is screwed...

> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.3"; gcc -o src/lxp.so.1.1.0

This is a built-in style module, so if the system was correctly
identified as x86_64 Linux, then it would indeed put in the -fPIC.

In fact, this is a known problem with the broken LuaRocks that comes
with Debian; better to get the newest version.

Normally the LuaRocks/64-bit Linux problems come from makefiles
written by people who just use 32-bit Linux ;)

steve d.