Javier Guerra wrote:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Nathan Angelacos <nangel@nothome.org> wrote:
Has anyone implemented something like boomerang
(http://alliance.seas.upenn.edu/~harmony/) in lua?

interesting.  maybe i'll check just to see how they manage
thermodynamic limitations of reversibility.

alternatively, is anyone already working on or have bindings for augeas
(http://www.augeas.net)

did you know that Lua itself evolved from a configuration language?
(and it's still quite appropriate on that role)

Yup - been lurking here for a while.

http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05510.html

The target is to have some regex parser turn a config file into a tree (in my case, json would be preferred), and back again.

And yes, our discussion has been along the lines of "do we integrate something, or just roll it ourselves with lua" No problems going down the road of writing such a beast, but if someone else has done 90% of the work already, I'm pretty lazy.

And, if you have other pointers, then that's appreciated too.