Hi,

I would like to break up a processing pipeline, which is currently just a bunch of functions being called, into one main script which configures its pipeline functionality using submodules. To fit the main system callbacks I would like to make the plugins somehow conform to an interface.

How would you define such a host / plugin interface in Lua?

I guess on load I could check for certain functions to be available, and report an error when the interface doesn't seem to be complete, but doesn't feel like a very nice approach.

Thijs