Sounds something like Haskell, tbh... I'm still learning how to do
much of anything in that language, but I believe it's:

functonname var1, var2 -> var1 var2

(Since there are no parenthesis var2 is supplied to var1, called like
a function?)

Personally, I like how verbose Lua is...  makes things (at a glance to
new programmers) pretty self-explanatory. :>