- I don't know anyone who doesn't use 'continue', at least from time to time. - It doesn't break anything, aside from introducing a new key word. Existing code will work. The repeat..until issue can be handled during file parsing and reported as a bug, naturally.

I can't agree that position of Lua Team is conservative. The features already included in Lua 5.2 aren't of conservative kind and are quite questionable.