In a rewrite of a major piece of software we're planning to take a
model driven approach.  That is, instead of hardcoding an ever growing
set of rules and behavior into our software, we want to capture the
essentials in a few operations and relations and then model new
problems in simple data / model scripts files (not necessarily Lua
btw).  Ultimately this should greatly reduce the complexity (and hence
increase maintainability) of the software.

Now my question is: could any of you share some stories about how you
used Lua (or something else?) in such a model driven approach.
Reflecting on some actual use cases would surely help us in our design
decisions.  (In our case we try to model consequences of hardware
restrictions on our software.)

So, thanks in advance for your input!

Bye,
Wim