2010/1/19 Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com>:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:34:25 +0100
> ingmar wirths <ingmania@googlemail.com> top-quoted:
>
>> Thanks for your help so far, i guess i have to study luas sandboxing
>> facilities. What still gives me frown, is that these sandboxing
>> facilities are all implemented in lua. A user, who wants to bypass
>> any restrictions, could just rewrite it, i guess. Or is the idea to
>> have some basic lua code, the user is not permitted to modify, and
>> load the user modified ai in some sandbox?
>
> The idea is that if a Lua function can't see another Lua function, it
> can't call it, and it can't magic up a reference to it (unless you
> expose the debug interface, of course. :)

Allright, but since these restrictions are all implemented in lua, how
can i enforce them, given that the user should be permitted to modify
his ai? From the point of my limited knowledge so far, i guess the user
could trivially escape from a sandbox, by just rewriting everything.
Am i missing something here?