Hi,

I'm using the LuaSOAP library and some of the objects I transfer
contain fields with XML-like formatted strings. Something like:

data = "<sometag> somedata </sometag>".

I now discovered that somehow LuaSOAP doesn't like this type of data
in the LOM fields of the object it is using. The string seems to be
interpreted as XML, because if I leave out the closing tag the SOAP
call fails. If, at the client side, I use a valid structure with
open/closing tags, I get no errors but the data is never received at
the server side.

Is it possible to escape the string so that it is not interpreted and
used "as is"?

Thijs