On 19/1/2010 1:33 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
This makes a discussion with you too strenuous,
-- Roberto

I trust that this just bad English. May I boldly jump in and suggest that Mike and Roberto move the discussion of bit operations into private email (for a period). It would be a shame if bitops end up as a less than they could be, simply because two of giants of the Lua world adopt intransigent positions.

I suspect that I am not the only one on this list that dare not offer my opinion on the actual bit library.

DB