On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> And even for global function calls, there's no way for the editor to
> know what would be available, or even would constitutes a good guess.

In theory this is true, in practice it's useful to assume that table.*
is followed by the contents of the standard 'table' module.  Even a
fairly language-agnostic editor for SciTE (which BTW works well on
Linux) can give you that, complete with tooltips, if the correct .api
file is loaded.

What Bash are we talking about here? That $ prompt of possibilities?

steve d.