On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>Lua 5.2.0 (work2) is now available at
>All feedback welcome. Thanks.
>--lhf

I am happy to report that make mingw on XP SP2 with gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw special) now builds without significant complaint. (The previous work release caused an internal compiler error when compiling lbitlib.c which I didn't take time to understand.)

One minor nit is that the mingw target in src/Makefile names the DLL to build lua51.dll rather than the more sensible lua52.dll. I changed the name of the dll with the obvious edit of the Makefile, and the resulting lua.exe runs as expected.

Ross Berteig                               Ross@CheshireEng.com
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/
+1 626 303 1602
+1 626 351 1590 FAX