> Apologies if this is a duplicate---I did a quick search of the
> archives, but didn't see any mention of this.
>
> After my Lua on iPhone talk last night, somebody in the audience
> mentioned to me that Verizon is about to launch their FiOS TV SDK
> that will allow people to develop "widgets" that run on the set-top
> box for your TV. [...]
>
> Anyway (as you've already guessed from the subject line), widgets
> are programmed in Lua. [...]

There were some news about it last year:

  * Can Verizon dominate interactive TV?
    Verizon’s FiOS TV platform uses LUA, EBIF and DVD formats to set
    up revenue-generating services
  http://connectedplanetonline.com/video/news/verizon-fios-tv-interactive-0316/

  * Verizon Unveils their Vision for the Web-Connected TV
  http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/verizon_unveils_their_vision_for_the_web-connected.php
  "What they can say now is that widgets will be programmed using LUA, a
  standard technology which many game developers will be familiar with
  already."

  * Verizon FiOS TV's Rachelle Zoffer on Interactive TV Widgets Roberto
  http://www.itvt.com/interview/5376/itv-doctor-verizon-fios-tvs-rachelle-zoffer-interactive-tv-widgets
  "Verizon's widget platform is based on the open source scripting
  language Lua (lua.org)."

  * Verizon Gives Social Media a TV Spot
  http://www.technewsworld.com/story/67601.html
  "The SDK will use the programming language Lua."

-- Roberto