On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, steve donovan wrote:

> t = {}
> in t do x = 1; y = 2; z = 3 end
> => t == {x=1,y=2,z=3}
>
> Looks like field assignment to me....I'm not meaning multiple in the
> x,y = 1,2 sense.

Oh yes, I see what you mean.

> Point is, people will expect this to be pretty optimal code.

The parser could generate the same optimal code as it currently does if
there's a single expression and it isn't a function call or ... (which I
think are the only possible multi-valued expressions).

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.