2010/1/12 Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br>:
> I will try to answer the sereval requests for our rationale for the
> removal of setfenv/getfenv.

Thanks for the explanation, it makes a lot of sense, at least in my
opinion. Maybe the 5.2 code should have been released after that
email, to save a lot of internet bandwidth :-)

The example you provide to convert a chunk to one that can have a
dynamic environment makes me wonder if loadin is really relevant. It
seems like too much (it's not strictly necessary) or too little (I
think, maybe wrongly, that an eventual callin companion would be more
often used).