I’m in the middle of adding Lua support to OpenDKIM (http://www.opendkim.org) as a means of putting fine-grained policy control in the hands of users when signing and verifying email using the new DKIM mail signing technology (RFC4871).  There’s also a Lua-based module for running script-based unit tests of mail filters known as “milters”, something I’ve been wanting to write for years but never had the infrastructure on which to base it or the time to write one.

The code is on a branch that’s out for review, but will appear as a compile-time option in our next release once the review is complete and the code is merged.  It currently supports Lua 5.1 but we’ll incorporate support for 5.2 as soon as it’s out and stable.

Hats off to the Lua developers for a very easy integration and good documentation!

Cheers,

-MSK