Rene Rebe wrote:
Can you elaborate what is so particularly wrong with the work-in-process lua-5.2 implementation? Actually your bitop lib has very strange rounding characteristics due to the exotic number conversion:

When binary operations are required it's usually for speed issues, and to have to round it each time in a specific way is just a nightmare on x86 (massive overhead)... and given that a fractional number being passed to a bit function is a case of "Garbage In", garbage out seems perfectly fine to me.

Be interested to see what Mike Pall has to say though ;), but as a user I can say predictable rounding of fractional numbers is not on my list of priorities at all - we're given math.floor, math.ceil if we ever need to write a wrapper around the bit library.

- Alex