steve donovan wrote:
This is more consistent, but given how strange #t is when t has a
number of holes, it isn't necessarily more useful.  Mark's remark
about pack/unpack being paired has some relevance here: pack() must
set 'n', so why can't unpack() use it? Or ipairs?

steve d.

Although it becomes very useful when you realise that # now supports metamethods for tables. It's a shame about the slight performance hit though, but definitely a change for the better.

The only changes I don't like are the bit library (I personally feel the current de facto standards should be made the official standard), and the in scoping - which seems to me identical to Delphi's "with" statement which brings about more confusing code bugs then any other language feature. But I'll have to experiment with it before passing final judgement.

- Alex