2010/1/8 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>:
> Lua 5.2.0 (work1) is now available at
>        http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.2.0-work1.tar.gz
>
> MD5     a066dd9186d88389ed61b9e6369e2c3e  -
> SHA1    4d428019ff72bf5a72e99240acb5f98dc532fa7b  -
>
> This is a work version. All details may change in the final version.
>
> Besides the changes in the code, the documentation in the tarball has been
> simplified and the old READMEs and INSTALL have been moved to doc/readme.html.
> The reference manual has been updated.
>
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.

I tried compiling the source as-is from command line with a Visual C++
compiler (and a custom build tool). I had to change a couple things to
get it to compile (didn't make any runtime test so far).

1. LoadString conflicts with a Win32 API function. I replaces all
occurences in Lua with another name (luaLoadString, but the actual
symbol name doesn't matter since it's a static function).

2. The lbitlib.c file doesn't define LUA_LIB before including lua.h,
and the LUAMOD_API macro gets defined as __declspec(dllimport) which
triggers a compilation error.