Initial comments

1. Thank you for luai_writestring(). Is there a reason for not using it in int_db_debug in dblib.c? and could we also have luai_readstring()? (for dblib.c amd lauxlib.c). You could make me a happy person by removing printf(), puts(), fread() (from all except liolib.c)

2. Lua standalone in the manual does not mention the "return false" effect.

3. methinks that a macro lua_getmainthread(L) would be good for the new registry field LUA_RIDX_MAINTHREAD

4, package.searchpath is a welcome addition

DB