Sorry if my From name appears weird, I am still fighting with this email client...

I work on a project that uses Lua, C, C++, Java and _javascript_ in various components of the system.  There are a set of constants currently defined in a C header file that would be nice to export in some automated way to these other languages.  I considered using the C preprocessor to do this:

#include "languagespec.h"
DEF_CONSTANT(NameFieldID,4)

languagespec.h would have:

For C:
#define DEF_CONSTANT(NAME,VALUE) int NAME = VALUE;

For Lua:
NAME = VALUE;

etc.

I vaguely remember a tool that generated bindings of this sort automatically for a variety of languages.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James Kunz.