Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> writes:
>> Also, if you are deprecating setfenv, then it probably makes sense
>> to add an optional second parameter to the load routines which would
>> provide the environment to associate with the loaded chunk [...]
>
> There is be another function for that, loadin. (Both 'load' and
> 'loadin' accept the chuck both as a function, as in 5.1, or as a
> string.)

I'm not sure if this is really a good replacement for setfenv/getfenv --
looking at my own uses of lua, while my main use of "setfenv" is to set
the environment of a loaded file before evaluating it, the split between
and it's useful to be able to reference the current environment (e.g.,
with an "include" function that does getfenv(2), and then makes a new
environment which inherits that when evaulating a loaded chunk).

-Miles

--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.