On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Mark Hamburg <mark@grubmah.com> wrote:
> More on the forthcoming "in env do ... end" construct...

It is already half-way towards a 'using' statement, i.e. something
that could guarantee finalization of the given object.

> 2. The above mucks with being able to lint the code since we are actually fine with the global reads of addField and the global set of baz.

True, but static analysis is already hit-and-miss in Lua.

The trouble (as with Pascal with) happens when such such constructs
are nested.  Would this statement nest as expected, i.e.

   in e1 do in e2 do
     -- will fallback to lookup in e2, then e1
   end end

steve d,