Mark Hamburg wrote:
> Are the sorts of constructs we've been talking about friendly
> toward LuaJIT -- i.e., will it be able to trace through the
> cascading functions and generate results similar to what it
> would generate with more-or-less straight line iteration plus
> conditionals code?

Control-flow due to iterators is treated the same as any other.
The only exception is that plain 'for i=a,b,c' loops get special
treatment to avoid overflow checks for the control variable.

So create a benchmark from a real-world use case and measure the
performance. That might be hard though, since IMHO the whole thing
looks a lot like a solution in search of a problem ...

--Mike